Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Some highlights from our European Holiday

I was going to share a photo of my craft room, but I will leave that for when I have an after photo to share, so instead here are some holiday photos.


how could we not have a fabulous holiday with a sunrise like this at Brissie Airport


 Buckingham Palace



I just had to have a photo with the London Bobbies outside the Tower of London


Tower Bridge


 Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio Tour, a huge highlight, I could have spent the day there.





Me with the family and yes I am wearing my crown


you can't go to Paris without stopping by this little tower








Hall of Mirrors in the Palace in Versailles

WARNING MEN IN LYCRA 


French Alps, and what the reason for our holiday. Wayne and friends cycling some of the Tour de France routes, us ladies were so exhausted driving up that mountain :)


Playing with the snow on the Italian border while we were waiting for the men folk to cycle up


Annecy, France one of the most beautiful places in the world



Wayne & I at Lake Annecy, France


Mont Blanc, France

Cadel Evens just about to throw us his cap on his warm up ride before the start of the Tour de France in Annecy, It was fantastic of him to acknowledge us Aussies, (even though the Canadian with us caught his cap) it made our day.


and they are off ...the start of the Tour de France in Annecy, I didn't get very good photos as they were gone in the blink of an eye.



with the French Air Force in Annecy


Portofino, Italy


Florence




Venice



Trevi Fountain


The Vatican


The Colosseum


The ruins of Pompeii


no words can describe the feeling seeing this, one of the people recovered from the ashes of Pompeii


you can see his teeth 


I am going to scrap my holiday photos using Project Life, yes I am taking the plunge into PL as I took over 3000 photos, I won't scrap them all but I want to scrap alot, so this will be the quickest way to get them all in an album. I will scrapbook my very favourites traditional.

Happy Creating Kerrie

No comments: